Across the U.S., mental health conditions were the No. 1 telehealth diagnosis in May, according to new data from Fair Health.
Compared to April, mental health conditions accounted for an even larger share of telehealth claims in May, increasing month over month from 34 percent to 40 percent.
Here are the top five telehealth diagnoses in May, ranked by percent of private insurance claims:
1. Mental health conditions: 39.6 percent
2. Joint/soft tissue diseases and issues: 5.5 percent
3. Developmental disorders: 3.4 percent
4. Hypertension: 3.1 percent
5. Skin infections and issues: 2.7 percent
More articles on telehealth:
Haven CTO Serkan Kutan resigns to join Amwell: 5 things to know
Nearly 40% of older Americans aren’t ready for telehealth visits
Trump signs executive order to cement rural telehealth services: 3 things to know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.